Loan Application Checklist
Most lenders will have you go online to apply in order to gain pre-approval. Following is the information you need to provide during the loan application process (these documents are usually uploaded to the lending specialist through a secured link)
- Non-expired Government ID and Social Security Number
- Name and complete address for past 2 years of residence
- Employment history, including names, addresses, phone numbers for the past 2 years
- Copies of your most recent pay stubs and W-2 forms (past 2 years)
- Verification of other income (social security, child support, retirement)
- Copies of signed tax returns including all schedules (past 2 years)
- Social Security & Pension Award letters
- If you have rental property income: Copies of all signed lease agreements
- Copies of all band statements from checking/savings accounts (past 2 months)
- CD certificates and statements for retirement accounts (most recent 2 months or quarterly statement)
- Gift funds will need gift letter of proof of gift
- Credit cards (current balances and monthly payments)
- Installment loans (car, student, etc)
- Mortgage loans (property address, lender with address, account numbers, monthly payment and balance owed on all properties presently owned or sold within the last 2 years). Bring proof of sale for properties sold.
- Childcare expense/support (name, address, phone number). [VA loans only]
- Bankruptcy – bring discharge and schedule of creditors
- Adverse credit – bring letters of explanation
- Divorce – bring your Divorce Decrees, property settlements, quitclaim deeds, modifications, etc.
- VA only – bring Form DD214 and Certificate of Eligibility
- Retirees – bring retirement and/or Social Security Award Letter
Hassle-Free Loan Process
Our preferred lending specialists provide the following 4-step process:
Ready to connect with a mortgage loan officer?
Sign up now, and we will connect you with a qualified Tampa Bay home loan professional.