Pricing Your Home
How to Net the Most Money for Your Home
Setting your price right from the beginning is crucial to netting the most amount of money from the sale of your home.
“Testing a high price” at the beginning is typically a sure way to guarantee that your house will take longer to sell and will sell for less than if you had priced it right to begin with.
Price Right – Attract Buyers
Pricing your property competitively will generate the most activity from agents and buyers.
Pricing your property too high may make it necessary to drop the price below market value to compete with new, well-priced listings.
It is very important to price your property at competitive market value when we finalize your listing agreement.
The value of your property is determined by what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept in today’s market. Buyers make their pricing decision based on comparing your property to other properties SOLD in your area. Historically, your first offer is usually your best.
Price Ahead of the Market
If sellers find themselves in a market with falling home values, they can end up chasing the market down, because home values are always falling faster than their price reductions.
Time on Market Works Against You
If you want to compete, be competitive.
- The buying market has a short attention span.
- Pricing your home right the first time is key.
- Proper pricing attracts buyers.
- An overpriced house will not sell.
- We want to generate offers before the market moves on to newer listings.
The First 30 Days are Critical
The right price is important.
- A property generates the most interest when it first hits the market.
- The number of showings is greatest during this time if it is priced at a realistic market value.
- Starting too high and dropping the price later misses the excitement and fails to generate strong activity.
- Many homes that start high end up selling below market value.
The Agent Jen will run a CMA (“Competitive Market Analysis”) on comparable homes in the area to determine your market value and help you to determine the best list price for your home.
Ready to list your home?